Research Project Assignment -
Project Theme: The impact of digital technology on business activity.
Digital technology has revolutionised the way we conduct business. Over the last decade it has dramatically changed traditional business models and transformed business activities. The use of digital mobile technology has provided businesses with a wealth of choice and opportunity. This has enabled existing products to become more profitable and innovative new products to be developed, leading to increasingly diverse product portfolios. Its impact is evident at the core of all key business systems:
- Administration - cloud technology enables effective filing, storage and sharing of information.
- Communication - social media and mobile technology allows businesses to connect, communicate, collaborate and build relationships on a global scale.
- Storage and Distribution - 'The Internet of Things' is connecting and integrating systems throughout business structures.
- Production - Artificial intelligence and big data analytics are driving Innovation and product growth.
However, changes in the way we work are not without their challenges, as businesses have to adopt and deal with change management, recruit and sustain creative talent, invest in new technologies and respond to an increasingly competitive environment.
Research Topic: You must choose your own research topic for this unit in conjunction with the project theme.
Examples: The range of topics could cover the following:
- The stages that organisations have to go through for digital transformation
- The challenges of integrating emerging technologies within organisations
- The implications of digital technology on SMEs
- E-commerce and how it drives business success
- Engaging with stakeholders through digital technology
Mandatory Additional Evidence:
1. Research Proposal Form
2. Research Ethics Approval Form
- This unit is spread over two semesters. In first semester you need to submit section 1 of the assignment brief including research proposal and research ethics form.
- You must fill in the "Research Proposal Form" to get your topic approved from your tutor. You must also fill in the "Research Ethics Form" to gain ethical approval before commencing your research. This will be discussed with your tutor during the research proposal.
- Both forms are given at the end of the assignment brief.
Business Research Project Brief:
- Define your research problem or question. This can be stated as a research question, objectives or hypothesis.
- Provide a literature review giving the background and conceptualisation of your proposed area of study. This would provide existing knowledge and benchmarks by which your data can be judged.
- Consider and examine your research methodology and research process.
- Evaluate different research approaches and methodology and make justifications for the choice of methods selected based on philosophical/theoretical frameworks.
- Conduct primary and secondary research as outlined in your proposal, using appropriate methods for a business research project that consider costs, access and ethical issues.
- Apply appropriate analytical tools, analyse research findings and data.
- Discuss merits, limitations and pitfalls of approaches to data collection and analysis.
- Critically evaluate research methodologies and processes in application to a business research project to justify chosen research methods and analysis.
- Communicate your research outcomes in an appropriate manner for the intended audience.
- Coherently and logically communicate outcomes to the intended audience demonstrating how outcomes meet set research objectives.
- Communicate critical analysis of the outcomes and make valid, justified recommendations.
- Reflect on the success of your own performance and the effectiveness of research methods applied for meeting objectives of the business research project.
- Consider alternative research methodologies and lessons learnt in view of the outcomes.
- Provide critical reflection and insight that results in recommended actions for improvements and future research considerations.
- Demonstrate reflection and engagement in the resource process leading to recommended actions for future improvement.
Learning Outcomes -
Conduct appropriate research methodology which integrates knowledge into the research process.
Conduct and analyse research relevant to a chosen business research project.
Communicate the outcomes of a research project to identified stakeholders.
Reflect on the application of research methodologies and concepts.
Note: The recommended word limit is between 5000-6000 words.
Attachment:- Assignment File.rar